Thursday, November 13, 2008

Best Friends



Some of you may not know yet that we are moving to California at the end of December. It hadn't hit me until recently. Today I had one of those moments. I took pictures of Kacie and Carina this morning before school and later stood and watched them walk away to the playground holding hands and being so happy. I stood there and cried for a couple of minutes. These girls love each other so much! They are really gonna miss each other. You know how some kids do well together and others don't, some kids are so easy to have over, and others are tons of work? Well, Kacie and Carina are amazing together! They have always been this way since they met about 3 years ago. Kacie is sweet, kind, and so easygoing. I babysit her before and after school and it has been the easiest babysitting job ever. Kacie is like part of the family. We love her!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marni said...

We had someone visiting in our ward last Sunday and he lives in Sierra Vista. We told him that we have friends there, the Wilcox family, and he told us you were moving to California. I have to admit, I didn't believe him. I thought that maybe he had you mixed up with someone else. I guess he was right! I am so happy that you will closer to your families! What a blessing that everything worked out with a job there and everything! I am not even sure of this kid's name, but he filled us in on all of the news! :) We love you guys! Although you will live a little farther from us, I have a feeling that we will see you more now. By the way, we are coming to Cali in May...do you have extra beds for us in your new house? :)

Jennifer said...

This post made me so sad. It is so hard to move away from years of developed relations that are so good for your family. Emily had a very best buddy in California when we moved when she was four when Dave finished dental school. They were soul mates in the friend since. We visit her and her family everytime we are in California and they still write letters and call each other. I think they have exchanged four best friend lockets over the years. So tell Carina and the rest of the kids that distance isn't always a friendship destroyer if your willing to keep it going. How is the hosue hunt going?

prRiggs said...

I love the picture of the two of them walking--so sweet...