Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sacagawea comes to LA


I got to play Sacagawea for the second time at Miller Elementary. It is part of a Time Travelers program the PTA sponsors twice a year where actors portray different historical figures. They have one in the fall and in the spring with different characters. I had to memorize a script and go to 6 different classes and talk to the kids and answer questions about Sacagawea. I had so much fun being with all those little kids. I love their enthusiasm! They are all so sweet! I am so grateful for early American explorers like Lewis and Clark and Sacagawea. How amazing it must have been to discover such great beauty that surrounds us in our country. I am also grateful that my life is amazingly easier than theirs ever was. They endured such hardships! Wow!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: