Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Downey High Waterpolo








Wesley has had an amzing season! He has really grown to immensely love the sport. He has really developed his skills and endurance. The coaches work these kids so hard! Some days he is in the water 4-5 hours! I know, it's crazy! Wesley played both on JV and Frosh-Soph. He is becoming more aggressive in the water and has quite an arm. He has scored several goals and plays with a group of really great kids.

I have been so impressed with the program at Downey. They run a tight ship and the kids work so well together. They have such comraderie between them and it shows. Last week was their last game. Unfortunately, they lost, so they will not be heading to CIF. Varsity is doing well and qualified for CIF. The pictures are from the Downey/Warren game, which is the rival high school here in Downey. Warren plays very dirty and even punched one of our players. I was so impressed that our team stayed calm and stayed out of trouble. It was a fabulous victory for DHS that night. I don't usually scream at the games, but I almost lost my voice that night.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

RuSty and LaLa said...

Those are some busy speedos! What was wrong with a solid color!? Haha! SO many of my friends played water polo at downey! Wish I could be there to cheer you on!