Sunday, April 20, 2008

Maddie's 10th Birthday




The Wilcox family from Washington came to visit for their spring break. They were here for Maddie's birthday. I finally decided to give fondant a try. My friend has a great recipe that you make with marshmallows and powdered sugar. It's a mess to make, but turns out really well. I still have lots to learn because it isn't very easy to work with. There are a few tricks to it. But I had fun rolling out her cake and mixing in the different colors. On Maddie's birthday, Maddie, Emily, Cheryllyn, and Eileen had a blast creating flowers and animals out of fondant. They made the flowers on top of the cake and some of the hot pink dots. The smaller cake was Aunt Jenny's because they came right on her birthday, so we had a little cute cake for her too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

prRiggs said...

That's awesome! Can I have the recipe.