Thursday, January 29, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have been super busy the last few weeks. We are getting settled in our new home and the kids are adjusting to their new school. We all miss our friends and ward, but have felt very welcomed in our new ward. People have been so friendly and so excited to have us here. We are in a very small ward of about 80 or so who attend regularly. The primary is very small as well as the youth. Wes has already been on a scout campout on the beach. The nut even swam in the ocean in MID JANUARY!
Last week, Wes, Willie, and I spoke in sacrament meeting. I knew that was coming! I also got called to primary as the 5-6 year old primary teacher, so I will be Carina's teacher. She is pretty excited about that.
Maddie's and Zach's class are the biggest primary classes, so I am pretty happy. Zach thinks his primary teachers (married couple) are the coolest because they love video games and are planning on having the whole class over to their house next week to have a wii party and junk food and get to know each other. We had pack meeting this week and got to retire three flags. It was pretty neat. I'd never seen that before.
I've been busy at home unpacking and trying to decorate a little. Wes and I painted the dining room and it looks great. We are still working on removing the walpaper in the master and then we will paint.
After that I need to take the CA written drivers exam. Can't wait to start studying. Yuk!
Willie is doing well at his job and enjoying it especially since he gets to work with one of his oldest friends, Kurt. We've had some cold weather and some rain lately. Willie says the cemetery looks very green and beautiful.

3 comments:

Marni said...

I am so glad that you are adjusting well in CA. They are lucky to have your family there in the ward! Are you taking pics of the before and after? I am excited to see the progress! What I think your walls need is some vinyl lettering! :)

Jennifer said...

So glad to here you guys are adjusting well!Camping out on the beach sounds cold and fun Wes.
Maddie when is the California branch of the Mother-Daughter book club opening it's doors.

Laurie said...

I just got called as the 5-6 year old teacher too. Luke is in my class. We should swap ideas for that age group. In fact, I have to do sharing time in March. Let me know if you have any good ideas.