Monday, September 28, 2009

From Trash to Treasure

I've wanted to paint this bookshelf for the past two years or so. It's in the boys room. I really like the way it turned out. It really brightens up their room.

These crates are one my favorite finds. I saw an ornate art deco type dresser on the curb one day on one of my walks. I didn't like the dresser but behind a door of the dresser were these drawers. I painted and distressed them and now they hold tablecloths, art supplies, and extra binders and folders.


The woman that lives in the studio apartment behind us is moving and gave me this for Wes last week. It really unifies the room because it matches the bookshelf.


And yes, I did get a whole gallon of red paint. Home Depot discounts paint every day either because people don't come pick up their order, don't like the color, or have some other complaint. If you want some paint, but don't want to pay the price, check Home Depot. I paid $5 for the gallon of their highest quality stuff.

No comments: