Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Break




We wanted to go somewhere warm and camping is the obvious cheap and adventurous thing to do . but where to go? The desert of course. I know what you're thinking. But they just moved from the desert. Believe me I thought the same thing. But we really had a BLAST! Rock climbing like crazy for two and one half days. We went to Joshua National Park. It is a rock climbers haven. There are such strange formations. The kids were crazy monkeys of course. They fell asleep very quickly on both nights. Everyone was pretty wiped out at the end of the day. Do you know how exhausting rock climbing is? Anyway, we had the best weather. It was about 70 or so and pretty chilly at night. We roasted marshmallows and had family home evening there. I think it was one the best FHE we've had. It was very simple. Everyone either quoted or talked about their favorite scripture and why it was their favorite and we all took turns. I really felt the spirit strong being around the campfire with my husband and my children. The spirit is always so strong when you are out in nature experienced Heavenly Father's creations.
Overall, it was a successful spring break.
When we got home, the good times continued with the Day Family who came to see us from Arizona.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

RuSty and LaLa said...

Rusty is totally drooling over this trip. I think Wesley and Rusty need to hang out. They drool over rocks.