Monday, August 16, 2010

Blessings of the Gospel

I am so thankful to have the priesthood in our home. Last night Willie gave the kids their annual "beginning of the school year " blessings. I love to listen to all the wonderful and inspired words. This year seemed especially focused on spititual things more than temporal. I know that they have so many challenges that they face each day. But it is so reassuring to know that we can always turn to Heavenly Father for help. When we feel alone, when we are the only one standing up for our beliefs, for our standards, He will always comfort us. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so simple and so beautiful. We just have to do our part by giving it our best and the Lord will make up what we lack.

3 comments:

Joel and Valerie said...

You are such an inspiration to me and I look up to you so much. I am so blessed to have you in my life. You have no idea how happy I was to hear that you were staying in Burbank. You are too much fun to be around and I want to get as much of you as I can!

RuSty and LaLa said...

Amen!

sallie said...

Gonna second that. Ray gave Aiden and then Aubrey one, too. I love the priesthood and I love the priesthood leader of our home. I also remember my dad doing that for us each year before school started. I knew he loved me when he used his priesthood to bless me.