Sunday, May 2, 2010

Malibu Lagoon State Beach





Last Saturday we went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day but too cold for swimming. The kids got in anyway though. They are so brave! We had such a great day collecting shells, flying a kite, having a picnic and just exploring. We came home with a huge piece of driftwood and shells and rocks. The kids tease me because I want to use it as decor for the house. I love the beach! I love the smell, the tranquility and the spirit I feel when I am there. I feel Heavenly Father's love for us as I am surrounded by the beauty of his creation. This beach is known for it's lagoon. It is a marshy area ( an inlet) where the river and ocean meet. The seagulls and pelicans gather by the hundreds. We figured that about every 15 minutes hundreds of them would take off and go hunt for fish. It was so amazing to see so many birds at once fly over our heads. I love the ocean and I am so grateful that we live so close to it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MyKidsMom said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a beautiful day at the beach.

RuSty and LaLa said...

This is the exact reason why your family needs to come visit us in Hawaii! You will think your dead and in heaven, its too beautiful to describe!